High Vacuum Stainless Steel Deposition Chamber
The main evaporation vacuum chamber has the following features and subcomponents:
- Electropolished high-vacuum chamber made from 304L stainless steel.
- Box shaped E-beam evaporator vacuum chamber (12”x12”x12”)
- Large access door for sample loading and unloading
- Stainless steel vacuum chamber bakeable to 150°C and fitted with copper gaskets
- A few flanges will be fitted with Viton gasket for easy access and maintenance.
- Vacuum chamber leak-tested to at least 10-9 mbar-L/sec He
- The base pressure for a properly conditioned, clean, dry and empty chamber with copper and Viton gaskets is 2-4 x 10E-7 Torr or lower.
- The vacuum chamber contains sufficient number of ConFlat ports and flanges sealed with either Viton or copper gaskets.
- Design includes easy and fast access to any internal parts within the chamber
- Repetitive batch process with multiple substrates for depositions
- Easy loading and unloading sample holder, evaporation materials and crucibles
- Ports for process monitoring
- Appropriate flange ports for turbo molecular vacuum pump, electron beam evaporation hearth, vacuum gauge, sample holder, windows, access to sample loading and accessories
Blue Wave Semiconductors integrates variable speed Turbo Pump (Oerlikon or Pfeiffer Vacuum TMP (260L/sec capacity of N2) for high vacuum better than 5×10-7 Torr. The product description of this pump is as follows:
- Includes all applicable hardware, vacuum plumbing and valves for pumping and venting operations
- Maximum reliability in a compact design
- High pumping speed and maximum compression for all gases,
- Integrated drive electronics, suitable for industrial environments – Protection class IP 54
- Continuous monitoring of operating data Rugged, powerful turbo pump. With integrated air cooling for maximum gas throughput
- Mechanical Backing Pump: Dry scroll pump 3.6 cfm or oil pump 8 cfm will be provided for rough vacuum.
Blue Wave Semiconductors uses full range vacuum gauge
- Wide range gauge reads from ATM to 10E-9 Torr (Cold cathode/ Pirani): Brand Pfeiffer Vacuum
- Convection gauge in fore line (when applicable)
- Pressure readout is displayed on gauge
- All mounting / connection hardware, adapters, etc.
- Simple to operate, easy to clean against metal and oxide contamination over long period of use.
Electron Beam Assembly and Power Supply
Blue Wave integrates the most reliable, versatile, easy to use and maintain electron beam evaporation source from Telemark. The E-Beam system has the following features:
- Four pockets-4cc for electron beam evaporation, No sweep.
- No sweep. Please see option for SWEEP CONTROLLER
- Source on an 8″ CF with high voltage feedthroughs
- Proprietary water cooling design for longer crucible life and more consistent evaporation of material (requires 2 gpm)
- Rugged, reliable construction, designed for ease of use and maintainability
- Permanent magnet for primary beam positioning to provide improved control of evaporation process
- Durable emitter assembly with unique design for increased filament life and simple maintenance
- Telemark TT-3KW Electron Beam Power Supply, 5kW, 208/240 VAC, 1 Phase, 50/60Hz.
- Voltage adjustable from -5kV to -7kV, maximum Emission is 500mA
- Shutter control: Manual shutter control to protect substrates from initial pre-evaporation treatment
Blue Wave Substrate Fixture
Samples are manually loaded through the chamber door.
- Sample holder stage capable of holding up to 4” dia wafers or multiple or single small samples (1x1cm2 or odd shapes) by mechanical clamping, usable in vacuum as well as in reactive atmosphere.
- Compatible with reactive e-beam, plasma enhance biasing, compatible to vacuum 10-8 Torr through processing gas pressure of 1 atm
- Samples can be easily clamped and removed. The sample clamping design also provides masking step for step profilometer to calibrate thickness of the coatings on every sample and for every deposition run. This design helps with quick thickness step production compared to photolithography and chemical or dry etching processes.
Gas Flow through Fine Needle Valve
- Gas Flow metering from Manual leak valve
- The pressure in the chamber will be controlled by manually adjusting the leak valve to set gas flow rate.
- Clean room grade steel frame with powder coating for mounting the chamber
- Stainless steel top and rack mount panels.
- Rack houses all system electronics, power distribution box, include casters and leveling pads.
- Casters and leveling pads
- Approximate footprint of 48″ wide x 36″ deep
E-beam Power Supply
- Telemark TT-3KW Electron Beam Power Supply
- 5kW, 208/240 VAC, 1 Phase, 50/60Hz.
- Voltage adjustable from -5kV to -7kV
- Maximum Emission is 500mA
- NO SWEEP
- Components requiring water cooling will be routed back to a common flow indicator near the rear of the assembly. The customer will be required to run cooling water (inlet/outlet) to the rear bulkhead fitting.
- Water flow sensors interlock is provided with this assembly. The customer is responsible to supply applicable building water (30 PSI, Temperature 15-20C) or water chiller.
- The customer is responsible to supply power (ONE three phase 208V-15Amp, THREE 110V-15 Amp) to all applicable compon This may include pumps, hoists, compressors, controllers, power supplies or instrument rack. Requirements for each component will be supplied. NOTE: A dedicated earth ground is required.
Quartz Monitor Crystals for in-situ thickness measuring and monitoring
Blue wave integrates Inficon Quartz Monitor Crystals for in-situ thickness measuring and monitoring. INFICON quartz crystals monitor offer proven quality and reliability-proven by millions of successful process thin film runs with a wide range of materials.
Safety features including
- Easy access to power turn-offs and easy access to power switches of pumps.
- Easy to operate, simplified manual, easy to maintain
- Design for graduate and undergraduate advanced thin film research activities in high R&D Universities.
- Blue Wave integrated water flow safety switch with electron beam evaporation system to prevent e-beam use without water supply to protect e-beam heart from overheating.
1. E-beam Sweep Control
XY beam sweep control is possible with the above model so that evaporating material can be heated uniformly during evaporation. This help avoid any crater formation in the evaporating material in the boat and it also help to use evaporation source for multiple runs.
2. In-situ Laser reflectivity
In-situ Laser reflectivity for optical coating thickness monitoring